Many small, and especially new, businesses work with a limited marketing budget. They have to work hard to maximize their small budget while competing larger companies for their target audience’s attention. Although there is no one perfect marketing strategy, there are several that have been proven effective; and that marketers to do a lot more with a small budget because they provide a high return on investment. In his article, Sherman suggests 6 strategies that will help small businesses grow their companies:
- Search Engine Optimization. SEO is the process of optimizing site structure and content to make it easier for search engines to read. The higher a website ranks on Google, the more opportunities it will have to drive new traffic to a company’s web pages. Optimizing a site and content for local SEO, a business has a higher chance of appearing in local mobile search results and reaching more of their target customers
- Content Marketing. Content marketing is the process of creating and publishing quality content that is relevant to a business’s target audience and provides value for viewers. The key to great content marketing is knowing what the audience cares about most, including their greatest challenges, needs, and desires. It provides an attractive return on investment for any brand because the content can continue to be shared and promoted long after the original piece is published
- PPC Advertising. Pay-per-click advertising is a type of online ad model that allows small businesses to display their ads to people searching online for relevant products or services. The business pays each time each time a consumer clicks on the ad content. The first step to creating PPC ad campaigns is conducting keyword research. This step is vital as an entire campaign is built around the keywords a business chooses. It is also important that the ad campaign has compelling ad copy and a clear call to action
- Facebook Advertising. One of the greatest advantages of Facebook ads are the sophisticated targeting features. Facebook helps narrow down an audience so that only relevant consumers see ad content. It allows a business to target an audience based on several different characteristics, including location, age, gender, and many other factors.
- Social Media Marketing. Using social media channels to reach and engage a target audience is a must for any business. The first step to creating a social media strategy is to choose which channels to spend time on. A business will want to consider which platforms their target audience uses most often as well as which channels will help them reach and engage their audience. It’s important for a business to create and share different types of media on their pages from relevant third-party articles to branded images and videos.
- Email Marketing. Email marketing is a great way for a business to stay on top of their customer base and send triggered communications to relevant customer segments. Most customer are not going to make a purchase from a website the first time that they visit. This is why it is important for businesses to stay in touch with consumers after they leave. Once a business has captured visitors’ contact information, they can begin to nurture these leads. 40% of marketers rated the leads generated from email marketing as high quality, which is the highest number for any marketing channel.
Sauls International is here to help your small business grow. Visit saulsinternational.com for all of your language translation needs.
Source Author: Sherman